Tuesday, January 11, 2005

About

I'm a 34 year old Muslim mom of four little ones, ages 6, 4, 2, and 1. I started homeschooling when my oldest was almost four. It's funny because I remember when my mom was 34 and I don't feel that I've reached the maturity level of my mom at this age. I'm still the same dreamy kid that I always was. I'm always looking for a way to be a better Muslim, wife, mom and homeschooler, in that order, InshaALLAH.

I'm a native Texan who grew up mostly in Europe (Army brat), Virginia. I've traveled all over, even as far as Malaysia, Taiwan and Australia. I was always somewhat different from the crowd, (my mom is somewhere nodding in agreement, lol), and I thank ALLAH for leading me to Islam and away from that which is of no benefit to me, AlhamduLILLAH.

I love to read when I get the chance, and on occasion - mostly when I'm feeling guilty and lazy, I get up and exercise. I'm a kettle-bell lifting, indoor cycling kind of girl.

I love the creative side of life and enjoy photography and knitting from time to time. I like to write but my skills are much neglected since starting a family and taking care of my little ones.

I moved to Canada after marrying my husband the programming geek in 2003, and I've been here ever since. In the beginning, it felt a little strange to be here but now I can't imagine living anywhere else - but you never know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment