Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Week in Review

This past week was very productive, mashaALLAH. We finished The Story of Muhammad (Peace be upon him), in Makkah and have moved forward to Madinah. The children enjoyed hearing the story and I also asked them to narrate and had my daughter complete a few activities in her notebook.

She really liked the story of Prophet Muhammad's (Peace be upon him) Night Journey, so she made a mini book and illustrated to my writing.



Originally, she attempted to write it herself but her handwriting was too large to fit inside and she became frustrated.



Although it was very cold, we managed, okay, they managed to get outside and explore the backyard. I just snapped a few shots from the door, lol.







My son had fun with his phonics lesson - he's doing well now that I've figured out how he works. We are using an eclectic mix to help him learn to read, including Progressive Phonics, a free site (with registration), that has printable stories that we read together.



His Pathway Reader curriculum comes with a few cut and paste pages that we add when we have the time. On this page, he had to read the word to me and then I gave him the proper picture to glue over the word. It took a while but he eventually finished.




There were clock puzzles,



towers constructed,







crowds controlled,



sabotage,



and busy babies too!




It was a good, productive week, AlhamduLILLAH.

0 comments:

Post a Comment