Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Working on Reading


I've quickly made up a word wall for my son. There's nothing fancy about it as I'm too lazy. It includes some of the words that he has learned in the past few days and I still need to add a few more, InshaALLAH.

He is four and is doing well but it is a little frustrating for me because his sister was a bit further along. It just goes to show that their issues are unique and that sometimes it is the teacher who must adapt to the child's learning style and not other way around, SubhanALLAH.
I think that I have identified the problem. He's having trouble blending some words. For example, if the word is "pan", he will sound it out but when he puts it all together, he says "an", completely dropping off the first letter. I'm not really sure why he does this; in spite of this, knows a lot of sight words so I am able to make some nice sentences for him.


EDIT****Later that evening
Okay, as of tonight, it seems to have clicked, AlhamduLILLAH. LOL, kids are like that sometimes. He's been having this problem for weeks and suddenly he's gotten past it. I don't question, I just go with it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment