Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Curriculum Planning

I'm planning next year's curriculum and need to figure out what materials I have and what must be purchased, which is probably not a lot, InshaALLAH. My daughter is about 40 pages shy of finishing her grade 2 math (we finally got through multiplication and she breezed through fractions like she learned it years ago). I think the biggest need will be math and possibly something for science and geography.

I like Singapore Math a lot, AlhamduLILLAH. It's not for everyone but it is a good fit for us. I'd like to once and for all figure out what I'm trying to teach in science, lol. We are pretty eclectic for now.

I'm thinking about using Singapore's Science and Art books but I will have to think about it, InshaALLAH.

The younger kids are easy because I have built the foundation of curriculum with the oldest, AlhamduLILLAH.

For Islamic studies, InshaALLAH, we will cover the 10 people promised Jannah next, InshaALLAH.

I would also like to focus on reading Arabic a little more. We still have to get through the Arabic books from Scholastic that my husband purchased and we are working steadily on Rosetta Stone as well, so we definitely don't need anything for Arabic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment