Monday, June 16, 2008

The Books are Here

I got the Islamic Social Studies books from Noor Art and Islamic Bookstore. I am very happy with them.

Islamic Social Studies Texts


The box for them is flimsy so I had to take them out but otherwise everything is all right. I like the supplementary book as well. I bought the first grade binder for now because these are pricey.

Supplementary Books

This one came with a world map and a poster of different Muslim cultures celebrating Eid.

World Map

Eid Celebrations Around the World


InshaALLAH this will be of great benefit to us. It was very tough finding Islamic Social Studies books and fortunately these are for K-6. I want the kids to learn about the strides of Muslims and most books don't cover these things. For a moment, I was tempted to purchase from this publisher and adapt their social studies curriculum (Christian based?) to suit our needs.

I visit a few non-Muslim homeschool blogs and they seem to have the advantage of established Christian-based homeschool products to teach their children about Christian explorers and founding fathers, so why not us?

0 comments:

Post a Comment