Saturday, November 22, 2008

Tying up Loose Ends

This whole week has been long and tiring for me. I am playing the waiting game with the baby and trying to keep the other kids entertained. I am especially impatient because the last two were born between 38 and 39 weeks and now I feel entitled to give birth before the 40 week mark, lol. Not that I'm ready. Well, the clothes are washed and the house is clean (sort of) but I'm not in the mood to go through labor! LOL that sounds funny but my labors are always long.

To keep busy (we're taking another homeschool break except for her math homework for the abacus class), I am making my first quilt and it's not so bad. It's the "Tied Scrap Crib Quilt" from a book called Quilting for the First Time by Donna Kooler.

Patchwork Baby Quilt Top

I am further along than the picture shows, really all that is left is a few ties and to finish the binding.

It's not perfect but I like it. It's made from cotton napkins, a curtain, and an apron. I bought them on clearance from the Sears Outlet for about $1-2 each so the quilt is costing about $12, including the batting. Of course, now the other kids want one too, lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment