Sunday, August 2, 2009

Alphabet Animations and Letter Sounds

If you go to the Starfall site, there are tools to help your child learn the alphabet sounds. I usually emphasize the sounds of the letters rather than focusing on each letter name (although they obviously need to know the names too, lol). Also, I tend to teach/place emphasis on lowercase letters first.

Anyway, these are cute - I didn't check letter "P" so I don't know what's there (when I get alphabet books or puzzles I always look at this letter first to see if it has a you-know-what ;)


***Edited to add - The "p" word I am avoiding is "pig". The kids will go on and on about how we don't eat pork, etc. This is not a bad thing but because they are so young, it becomes a distraction and they lose focus, so I avoid pictures of them whenever possible. Besides,penguin starts with "p" too. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment