Thursday, August 13, 2009

More Toddler Activities

We've been really busy for the past two weeks and I'm searching high and low for ideas that my toddler can use. There are a lot of moms out there with really good ideas but the problem right now is time. I spend time taking care of the home, teaching, tending to the baby (and everyone else)and I'm trying to consistently workout (20 lbs gone, mashaALLAH), so when am I going to find time to implement these good ideas?

I've been a little busy here and there, doing things in spurts since there is no way that I could get a whole project completed. LOL, sometimes, I can't even complete a thought without interruption. There's always someone who needs something, subhanALLAH.

My children like puzzles a lot. They have quite a few but I know that they get bored doing the same ones over and over. My sister in law gave me a 500 piece puzzle a couple of weeks ago (imagine how horrible it would be to let my toddler open the box, lol). I can see it now; puzzle pieces in the sofa, under the dining table, and all over the floor. For now, I'm hanging onto it.

I found some pictures via Google Images then printed, laminated and cut them out so that we have some handmade puzzles.
From time to time, I read a blog called Chasing Cheerios and I think it was she who inspired me to do this.

Homemade Puzzles

She likes the vivid colors and the animals so I hope that she doesn't get bored soon. I might rotate them every so often and actually, it just occurred to me that I can make them with the Arabic alphabet or a du'a for my older kids, AlhamduLILLAH.

My oldest daughter used to be obsessed with tangrams when we started Saxon Math and so I have these various little shapes in our math supply box.

Saxon Phonics

I found some printable tangrams from abc teach and then I cut them out and laminated them. I also punched a hole in the corner and added a ring so that they would be easy to flip through.

Mini Tangrams

We haven't used them yet but I hope that she likes them, InshaALLAH.

I also made some lacing cards for her. A couple were printed from a website (I cannot remember where I got them) and then I decided to make some from a box that I had lying around.

Lacing Cards

Handmade Lacing Cards

Doesn't the tire look flat on the truck?

I'm also considering the purchase of Preschool Activities In A Bag, which sounds like a real asset to have according to a few folks that have recommended it. I can certainly see the value of having ready and assembled activities on hand for a busy, distracted child. If I get it, I'll let you know how it is, InshaALLAH.

0 comments:

Post a Comment