Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Looking Forward to Getting Mail



Remember when the mail was full of letters from the people that you cared about instead of just bills and junk? These days, we send emails and talk on the phone and chat but we don't write real letters.

When I lived in Germany,(between 7 and 10), a friend of mine had a penpal from ALLAH knows where, and she used to show me her postcards and letters and I thought it was such a neat idea!

When I came back to the States, (Virginia), my cousin and I wrote to each other for years and it was nice to keep in touch that way because phone calls to Texas were expensive.

My daughter is six and I would like for her to continue developing her writing skills. She is very social and I think that she would enjoy meeting Muslim children who live outside of her community. She has already handwritten about six letters to her cousin and is using all of my envelopes so why not? LOL.

If you are interested, Email me at themuslimhomeschooler@gmail.com and we can exchange addresses. If your children can write to her in Arabic, that would be fine also. I think this would be great for our social studies and geography adventures, (we can put them on the map!) and a way to forge a lifetime of friendships, InshaALLAH.

Wherever in the world, (or GTA for that matter),you may be, we look forward to hearing from you, InshaALLAH.

0 comments:

Post a Comment