Sunday, December 27, 2009

Tackling Homework for the First Time

Since the kids started going to Islamic School for three hours in the morning, we've been super busy at home too.

It's funny how I thought this would give me more time to worry about the other two - the baby is usually sleeping and the toddler doesn't want anything to do with school until the others are around, lol. Oh well.

When they get home, it's time for lunch but the good new is that I usually have plenty of time to get the house cleaned (that wasn't happening before, lol) and then it's time for school.

The first day that they started going out for school, my son came home with a fever (it was not swine flu - we got our shots for that). He immediately gave it to the oldest and they were out of commission for a few days. So, they went to school one day that week and so we tried again the next week. Then, the rest of us got sick about two weeks later and we are just now recovering, AlhamduLILLAH.

Once they got into a rhythm, they started bringing home all of this homework! We were NOT used to that, lol. We pick up where we leave off around here so there's no homework. Gone are the leisurely evenings for those two, lol.

Arabic Writing I & II

My daughter is using book II and my son is using book I.

They are required to work on their Arabic penmanship which is fine, but it's a little tough on my daughter to write all 28 of the Arabic letters like this for the next day:

Practice Makes Perfect

Still, she persevered and finished it all, mashaALLAH. She's also memorizing Surah Balad and listening to Sheikh Hussary mp3s at our listening station. She's doing well, MashaALLAH. I personally like Sheikh Mishary Rashed Alafasy's recitation but for tajweed, we use Hussary.

0 comments:

Post a Comment