Friday, December 4, 2009

Relation of Muslim Parents and Children

In a pure Islamic family, parents are responsible for the best possible growth of their children and offer an unconditional love that compensates for the weaknesses of their children. The character of parents is a role model for children through which they learn the basic values and principles which they will carry with them throughout life.

Allah says in Qur’an "We have enjoined on man kindness to his parents: In pain did his mother bear him, and in pain did she give him birth. The carrying of the child to his weaning is thirty months. At length, when he reaches the age of full strength and attains forty years, he says, "O my Lord! Grant me that I may be grateful for Your favor which You have bestowed upon me, and upon both my parents, and that I may work righteousness such as You may approve; and be gracious to me in my issue. Truly have I turned to You and truly do I bow to You in Islam."

The Muslim father is also responsible for his child's training and education. Before traditional education, parents are responsible to teach their children Quran Recitation with translation. Concerning this, the Prophet (S) said: A father gives his child nothing better than a good education. (Mishkat, 4977, transmitted by Tirmidhi and Baihaqi)

It the responsibility of parents to choose right Islamic School for their Children for better education. The children, in turn, respect their parents as the source of their very being, as their teachers, and as the ones who have labored and sacrificed for their sakes. When they are grown, they should be responsible to care for their parents in their old age. These relative responsibilities should not be undertaken as a matter of duty, but rather emerge from the spontaneous promptings of parental love and the children's gratitude and respect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment