Sunday, July 26, 2009

I've Been Thrifting

Yesterday and today, I went to Value Village. I rarely buy anything new anymore when it comes to our classroom. I try to look on Craigslist - which I really did not like at first and I go to the thrift shops or Ebay. Also, the library sells books for 25 cents each, so sometimes we get some really good stuff.

David Suzuki


Atlas


This time I tried not to go overboard just because things were cheap. I made a list and devised a plan and for the most part I found what I needed. This was not on the list but how could I leave this behind? MashaALLAH.

Ka'ba clock $3.99

My toddler is the biggest challenge to our homeschool day, so I've been searching blogs and Google for ideas. I think the best thing that I can do with her is set up a makeshift Montessori-style area. I found a bookcase that is perfect for her size on Craigslist for $10.

Bought for $10


I also purchased a bundle of wooden baskets from Value Village so that her activities can be placed on the shelves and hopefully they will be eye-catching and inviting. I got plenty of ideas from Montessori Materials.

Baskets

These baskets are good for sensory materials like these Scrabble tiles. I might make a simple chart of the alphabet and have her match the letters. Rubber stamps of the alphabet would be good too. Anything hands-on that introduces her to learning is valuable, InshaALLAH.

Scrabble Letters

Since my mother-in-law was visiting, we took another quick trip today and got some more books. If you buy four, the fifth one is free!

More Books

To make room for the books, I moved the puzzles and games up on top of the bookshelf and I'm putting some of the books for younger ages on the bookshelf for my younger daughter.

Classroom

Then, I had to make room for the little bits of this and that from outside.

Classroom

Nature Walk Contents

0 comments:

Post a Comment