Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Khalid bin Waleed RA

I know that I mentioned an interest in making an altered version of Ambleside Online's curriculum and I am doing just that. It's taking a long time - including some late nights when my teething baby is asleep (for 10 minutes at a time, SubhanALLAH). I am in the process of putting together the proper materials and I hope to have everything mapped out for this soon, InshaALLAH.

One of the key components in Ambleside Online is narration. Reading rich literature and having the child narrate what has been said, either verbally, written or through art/drawings, etc.

I read the first chapter to my daughter just to see how she liked it and she did well, MashaALLAH. Narration also gets the child to focus and pay attention and the quality of the story is certainly important for that too. I am trying to gather resources - some of them free (woohoo!) to highlight the accomplishments of our Muslim heroes and hope to have a list of these soon, InshaALLAH.


EDITED: Oum Anas has brought it to my attention that the book on Khalid bin Waleed RA has some questionable content once you get into it. For that reason, I have taken the link down lest we be guided astray. May ALLAH always be pleased with our efforts and protect us all from confusion and misinformation about our deen (AMEEN).

0 comments:

Post a Comment