Thursday, January 21, 2010

LORD OF THE WORLDS




This week and last week have been tough, SubhanALLAH. My kids are sick (again), which means that I am sick and this time it is just dragging on and on.

I didn't get sick until last Thursday and it was just a minor cold at the time. It really kicked in on Friday night and the baby got sick too. The problem with being ill was the timing. My husband signed me up for Al Kauthar Institute's LORD OF THE WORLDS (Unity of ALLAH's Worship) course and the lectures are 8 hours, Saturday and Sunday. My husband really wanted me to attend - last year I took the Al Maghrib course online but he's persistent and wanted me to physically attend, so he watched the baby in the lobby until I could tend to her during the breaks. It was easy for him because she slept the whole time but it was hard for me because with each passing hour, I got a lot worse. I couldn't attend the second day, I was in pretty bad shape until today, AlhamduLILLAH, so my husband attended the second half.


Anyway, AlhamduLILLAH for the time that I was able to attend, Sheikh Chowdhury spoke about creation vs evolution theories and how to respond to atheists, among other things. The issues were addressed in an organized and proficient manner and it was relevant to this month's TMH topics.


Sheikh Chowdhury recommended reading Darwin's Black Box: The Biochemical Challenge to Evolution by Michael J. Behe. Behe writes that the theory of evolution is false based upon its inability to explain complex bio-molecular systems such as the human immune system, blood clotting and the building blocks of DNA.

0 comments:

Post a Comment