Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Productive Week

I've been pondering what to do about our Islamic Studies because I definitely need to get it under control, InshaALLAH. We have the proper materials but I think we're lacking structure.

So I spoke with my husband about it last night and we came up with a more suitable plan, InshaALLAH.

I am slowly going through the The Story of Muhammad (salallahu alayhi wa salaam) in Makkah, by Abu Zahir, Stories of the World, by Safia Iqbal and we're finishing up book 2 in the Islamic School Book series by Susan Douglass.

You see? Those are a lot of different books at the same time. I also try to fit in activities for each so that we can do a bit of notebooking and make it meaningful - and fun (I hope).

It's working well but I find that we run out of time if we try to fit it all in.

Instead, what I would like to do for the next bit, InshaALLAH is:

-continue with the seerah and one of the other books
-next, cover the wives of the Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa salaam) maybe in a lapbook (haven't done those in a while) and one of the other books, probably book three of the Susan Douglass series
-the four noblest women
-next, cover the 10 people guaranteed Jannah
-a unit study on prophets and messengers

In addition, there are our every day subjects - language arts and math, Qur'an and Arabic.

I also noticed that science has taken a back seat so I need to step it up with that too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment