Thursday, January 21, 2010

Toronto Muslim Homeschoolers

This post is long overdue - I don't know why I put it off for so long!

January 2, I attended the Toronto Muslim Homeschoolers (TMH) group meeting for the first time, AlhamduLILLAH and had such a great experience. The sisters were warm and welcoming and I was downright giddy when I left there.

This month's main topic was science. It was beneficial to me to hear other sisters' ideas and learn of new resources and ways of teaching.

I learned that the group hosted a very successful science fair last year and in March, InshaALLAH, they will be hosting their second.

The group meets the first Saturday of each month at 9 A.M., alternately in the east and west ends (West End sisters are hosting in Feb. InshaALLAH). The membership is $25 for the whole year - I think it is well worth it, as there are organized playgroups, workshops, field trips, an annual picnic, and So Much More!

By the way, the sisters hosting the group provided some yummy food- I never had haleem before, but it was so good!


If you cannot attend, at least get permission from the moderators to sign up for the yahoo group, InshaALLAH.

0 comments:

Post a Comment